Friday, January 11, 2008

Showtime!!!

During my stay here in New Jersey for the holidays, I have gone through many road trips, but a few of those shortest trips were the trips to the moviehouse, except for one, which was a trip to New York broadway show. So far in my stay, I have watched three movies and one broadway show.

First movie I watched with my sisters was "I Am Legend" starring Will Smith. It was a very interesting movie when I first saw the trailer, the last man on earth trying to survive, hmmm, interesting story. The movie was good but not that great. There were suspense/scary moments that kept me hooked up in the movie, waiting for something big to happen. Up to the end, the movie was interesting and not boring; however, when things were already starting to happen and the action was building up, the movie ends. Maybe I was looking for more action, but it was kind of "bitin" and many aspects of the story were not really explained. But in overall, it was a nice movie to watch, and I like Sam the dog hehe.

Second movie I watched was Enchanted starring Patrick Dempsey (from Grey's Anatomy) and Amy Adams (I just know her from The Office). Overall, hehe, I liked the movie, it made me laugh hehehe, babaw ako eh haha! I think if you're the type of person who likes Disney movies and who enjoys kababawan and you're a child at heart, then I guess enjoying Enchanted won't be a problem hehe. It's a fun Disney movie for me, there were funny parts making Amy Adams look idiotic, but funny, hehehe.

Third movie I watched was Sweeney Todd directed by Tim Burton and starring Tim Burton's favorite actor in most of his movies, Johnny Depp hehe. First of all, I have been a fan of Tim Burton's movies even if most of his movies are dark, gloomy and creepy hehe, maybe since I have always liked the movie Edward Scissorhands. So for Sweeney Todd, it wasn't a problem for me to enjoy. But beware, if you're the person who gets bored easily, Sweeney Todd may be a problem since it's a movie adaptation of a musical. My sister got bored and fell asleep during the movie hehe. However, if you're a person who loves violence, then this movie is one hell of a bloodfest. It somehow reminds me of Kill Bill or Sin City where blood sprays all over the place. Johnny Depp has a really great voice too, hehe, my brother said originally, Johnny Depp was a singer before he became an actor.

Last show I watched was a broadway show, Phantom of the Opera. For someone who enjoys theater plays, musicals and artistic shows, I found greatness in this broadway play. I remember Tanghalang Ateneo's "La Vida es Sueno" to be a million peso budget play, but when I saw Phantom of the Opera, I guess the production didn't just cost them a million pesos, hehe. All of us watched the play, but only me and my brother were the ones who didn't fall asleep hehehe. It was great, I had fun and I don't know how to describe it, it's great, well it should be, since one ticket costs $61 (around P2,600), but sulit of course. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home