Monday, September 04, 2006

First Impressions

Recently, I've been curious of what people thought of me when they first met me. Well, it kind of started last Friday night when my officemates and I were staying at the hotel for work purposes. It was our last day at the hotel so we just kind of bummed around, drank authentic Quezon lambanog, played cards, and of course, nagkuwentuhan (kasama na dito ang asaran at chismisan hehehe). Then the topic of first impressions came up and one of my officemates suddenly told me that during my second day at work in Verifone (hindi kasi siya pumasok ng first day), she said akala niya "disenteng bading" daw ako. Hahaha! Sobrang natawa ako, I didn't expect that statement to come right at me hehehe. In school or at work, when I'm with my barkadas, I often joke around na bading ako or what hehe, I guess nasanay lang ako with gboys kasi puro kalokohan at ganung hiritan kami. But I didn't expect it to be a first impression on me hehehe. Pero syempre naman, I'm not gay obviously, I am definitely straight, natawa lang ako sa comment na yun hehe.

Anyway, so I got curious. Before I went to sleep, I was texting Mar about...hmmm....can't remember, stuff? Hehe, anyway, then I suddenly asked Mar on what was her first impression of me when we first met. Then she told me that she already had a biased impression of me when she met me because Avs was already telling Mar stories about me before we even met. So ayun, natawa ulit ako kasi kinukuwento pala ako ni Avs kina Mar dati kahit hindi nila ako kilala hehe. So I asked Mar kung ano nga ba yung impressions na yun, and she said, "Kaibigan ng Bayan" daw ako. Hahaha! Natawa ako, it was simple and straightforward. Then again, I looked back at myself and realized that I do have a lot of friends who I treasure a lot and I do have tendencies to take them for granted for my own interests. But eventually, I'm just thankful to have such good friends and at the same time, these friends of mine (well at least a few hehe) see me as a "Kaibigan ng Bayan" hehehe. Sounds weird, but it feels good to know such a thing hehehe.

Then I remembered before during my high school days, Connie, an old friend of mine (mahabang kwento kung paano ko siya nakilala) told me that when she saw me, she thought I was "suplado". Hehe, oo nga naman, usually kasi kapag mag-isa ako, I don't smile that often. I also remembered having a phone pal too (friend ni Connie, at dahil din dun kung bakit ko siya nakilala at di ko na maalala name niya hehehe). Ang baduy sobra, pero wala naman kasing internet noon, I was in grade 7 ata that time hehe. So anyway, nung time na yun, the phone just rang and a girl spoke. It was a wrong number call so I just told her na wrong number nga. Then the phone rang again and it was the same person. Tapos, she sounded real sad and she asked a favor from me na kung pwede ba niya ako kausapin. Then ako, sige lang, wala naman akong ginagawa. Tapos ayun, nagkuwento siya and she talked tapos sa naaalala ko, what made her feel better was my laugh. Natutuwa raw siya sa tunog ng tawa ko, ang labo noon pero ayos lang hehehe. So ayun, weird lang kasi since elementary pa pala ako ganun, kahit di ko kilala, kinakausap ko kahit sa phone lang. I think she called several times lang, pero I never really got to know that high school girl better or even see her. Weird din ako, kaibigan ng bayan nga ba ako? Hehe, minsan nga ang tamad ko tumawag sa mga friends ko, tamad ako magtext, minsan pinipili ko pang mag PS2 over my friends, hehehe. Weirdness ko lang hehehe.

Labo na ng kwento ko, basta asteeg, I have GREAT friends and I'm thankful for all of them. Pagmumuni-muni ko lang ang lahat ng ito hehehe. :P

2 Comments:

  • kaibigan ng bayan? pwede. disenteng bading? pwede rin =D

    pucha pareho pala kayo ni guiller, kinaibigan yung wrong number.. (although ikaw di mo na kaibigan upto now, siya oo!)

    ang lalandi niyo!!!

    (may kwento pala ako sayo hehe. text mo ko!)

    =D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 PM  

  • i remember our theo immersion group days...oo nga, favorite joke nun sa iyo ay bading ka! hehe! :)

    By Blogger grace, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home